Sunday 30 March 2014

Manure and Spuds!

This weekend I have been at the plot for about 4 hours.  Could have done with longer but being Mothers Day and having school work to do that was about the limit!  

However,a fair bit got accomplished so at least that was positive.  On the Saturday the whole family was down for a while.  The boys and I mainly worked on the potatoes while Anne spent time weeding one of the strawberry beds and also potting up some runners to be planted in another bed soon.   


The Second early's are also out in the ground now.  Am quite proud of the soil in that area, it hasn't been used in a few years so I am expecting some couch grass to reappear but overall it looks good.  I added a bag of manure as well so am hoping for a good crop.

Next week is all about rotavating.  I will be hiring one for the weekend and the rest of the plot will be ready for the crops - onions, main crop and some other seeds I think.  At home, good news, my tomatoes have sprouted!  Need to plant some more seeds this week....

And that is that for the weekend.  Roll on the Easter Holidays!


No comments:

Post a Comment