Saturday 15 March 2014

Cloudy, windy but ok...

Had a good 4 hours down at the plot today and the weather was ok, a bit windy at times but dry.  Continued sorting out the plot today and it is beginning to look like an allotment again. 

Today I:

Built another 2 raised beds.  Think I am going to use them for carrots and other root crops
Built a new path using some paving slabs from the new house.  
Continued digging over some beds, the ones near the shed are being done at the moment.

I was digging over the middle bed by the shed,, it hasn't been used for 2 years and although the soil looks and feels good there is soooo much couch grass that it is taking a while to dig over.

A reminder that I need to get my seeds going soon,  have also brought my onion sets and might get some of them in tomorrow if possible.  

All in all a good day. I enjoyed being down there and it is looking good.  Will try and get some pictures tomorrow.  At home I have started to put more glass in the greenhouse and hopefully we'll have it ready for next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment