Sunday 4 September 2011

Woops - been a while

Oh, I kinda forgot I had this blog.  Now it is September and I have missed June,July and August.  Oh dear.  Well, I can tell you which things have gone well this year, and also what hasn't worked.

Our Brassicas are great - Cabbage, Purple Sprouting and Sprouts all look good and the cabbage tastes excellent.  Had 2 so far and many more to come.

New potato's came and went, and now have almost harvested all the main crop for winter.  Need to dry them and clean them and store them now.  They all have done well, some are a little slug eaten but most are good.  Looking forward to eating those. 

The beans have also done well - the broad beans now finished and have got a fair tonne of runner beans.  Freezing them for the winter again.  Peas were not good, need to look at why.  Gt a few pods but really only enough for one meal.  Ummm...  More work.

Will try and get some photos up soon, am getting a shed ;) and putting that up and this autumn is mainly about tidying I think as there is a fair bit too do. 

Will post more next week, along with the jams and chutney recipes I am using.

No comments:

Post a Comment