Sunday 11 September 2011

Starting the winter tidy

Was down at the allotment yesterday - the 5 of us were there which was nice.  Jobs done:
  • Dug up the last of the potatos - now need to bag them up and store them.
  • Cut the grass around the greenhouse / shed area and added to compost.
  • Picked all the runner beans from the first crop and dug up the plants for the compost
  • Cleared the broad beans
I also made my first lot of Marrow and Ginger Jam (recipe here) which I think I missed it's setting point - tastes good but a little hard!  Today I used some of my blackberries to make the first blackberry and apple jam as well.

I will write an overview of the year later this month, but hopefully will get down a few times more this week.  It is beginning to become an obsession I think ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment