Saturday 5 April 2014

Rotavating the plot


The allotment is looking good today.  It was the day for rotavating the plot.  I have rotavating most of the plot today, and my hands are still vibrating.  The soil was ok, and is now looking a lot better.  The picture below is an overview of things as they are.  The front raised beds have early potatoes in and the 2 empty ones will soon have some broad beans.  The rest of that bed is for my main crop.
The middle bed was the worst to dig, and still needs more work.  This will mainly be the onion bed although I am sure that there will be room for some other crops as well.  The 2 raised beds are my strawberries - the nearest one does need weeding still.  I will be back down tomorrow to finish off and plant out the onions and the Main Crop potatoes.  Busy busy now that it is the Easter Holidays

No comments:

Post a Comment