Tuesday 8 April 2014

Moving soil

The past 2 days hVe been about moving soil and bricks from home to the allotment. I have moved so far 2 trailer loads of soil and have another one to go and quite a lot of bricks.  We are taking down to raised beds in the back garden ready for some grass and using the bricks for some paths and the soil for some raised beds at the plot.  It is looking better at both places!

Today I also planted out my broad beans from home -out of 25 seeds I had 18 plants.  I also put down some new seeds at the allotment as well.  Will try and get some pics tomorrow.  In one of the new beds I also planted out some shallots and 2 rows of carrots. Haven't had much success with carrots before so hoping this year is better...

The plot is looking good at the moment, still some tidying to do but overall the best it has looked for a long time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment