Wednesday 5 June 2013

An evening in the sun

What a lovely evening tonight - although the day was cloudy the sun came out and made the decision to go to the allotment an easy one.  I also got a good few jobs done which will help this weekend.

Because of the lovely weather the grass, as well as the potato's and onions etc has been growing at an incredible rate - I started cutting some of it back today, still a fair amount to do though, a weekend job!  I also started sorting out the 'bog' corner - trying to get it back into some kind of order and de-weed it.  Those were the big jobs.

As well as that I planted out my 3 squash plants - hopefully they will be ok.  I also put in some very small broccoli seedlings.  I am not over hopeful about these but I have already potted up about 15 so if these work, great, if not then it is not the end of the world.  The runner bean seeds I planted have not germinated at all so I planted some more.  This weekend I must plant some in pots as well.  It is looking quite nice down there at the moment - more and more like an allotment plot!  There are a fair few weeds still and one bed looks distinctly unloved but a few more evenings like tonight and hopefully I'll be back on top of it.

A few photos as well to share - the potato's in the bed were planted at the same time as the ones in the bag.  It is thefirst time I have done spuds in a bag and I'm looking to see how earlier they are ready.



No comments:

Post a Comment